I’ve come to the conclusion that we are really boring when it comes to food. Week in and week out, we have pretty much the same stuff on the menu. I’d really like to change this, but I only really started to think about it when I started writing today’s blog and realized that y’all are probably sick and tired of seeing “crack” chicken and pizza braids on the menu!
Anyway, we’re in week three of our cheap weekly meal plan experiment (check out these links for week one and week two), and I’m pleasantly surprised to tell y’all that we are still right on track! This week, we spent $52.24 on groceries. We still had some ingredients left over from last week, which seems to be a trend that we’re developing. Of course, it helped that we had our wedding food tasting last week and got to bring home leftovers!
So, let’s jump right on in to the numbers!
From Winn Dixie:
- 2 bags Santita’s tortilla chips, $4.00
- 1 can Winn Dixie pizza sauce, $1.39
- 1 can Del Monte traditional pasta sauce, $1.00 (10 for $10.00)
- 2 bags Winn Dixie boneless skinless chicken tenderloins, $12.99 (BOGO free)
- 1 large pack boneless pork chops, $11.81 ($2.96/lb, normally $3.99/lb)
- 2 packages Pillsbury classic refrigerated pizza crust, $5.58
- 1 package Pillsbury Grands biscuits, $1.99
- 2 pack Philadelphia cream cheese, $5.00
- 1/2 dozen large eggs, $0.99
Total Savings: $18.02
Weekly Average: $54.50
And there you have it. Have y’all been following our cheap weekly meal plan? Have you made your own? Let us know in the comments!